Friday 27 August 2021

Whatif

 Last night I was laying on my bed

And some Whatifs started creeping 

In my head.

Whatif I became a Queen?

What If it wasn't a crazy dream?

Whatif my brother became a star?

Whatif he travelled very far?

Whatif my horse had a stroke?

Whatif I could fix him with a coke?

Whatif my dad wanted to be a ballerina?

Whatif he competed in the arena?

Whatif my teeth grew too long?

Whatif I had to file it with a tong?

Whatif I started talking Fijian? 

Whatif I became a Norwegian?

Whatif I grew a really long nose?

Whatif I found out I had extra toes?

Whatif we never ever fought?

Whatif I had a really big wart?

Whatif mum started playing tennis?

Whatif instructor said she was a menace?

Whatif I caught the biggest fish?

Whatif I cooked it in a paper dish?

Whatif I married Dr Seuss?

Whatif my hat held lots of juice?

Whatif i was feeling really blue?

Whatif all my dreams come true?

Whatif if all these things are in my head?

Whatif I could make it happen with what I said?

When the Whatifs pop up in your head, 

Choose all the good ones and let the others be dead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.